Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The City So Nice, They Named it Twice

     I just got back from my third trip to New York City. I've been in love with the city for years before I had even visited for the first time. It's such a beautiful place - full of life and dreams.

     I always get a window seat on flights, and my face (and camera) is pressed to the glass for the majority of the ride. The feeling of airplane takeoff is like no other feeling in this life. Everything is cleared on your runway, then you start moving faster than any car, bus or train can take you, forcing you to be pressed back into your seat, and before you know it, you're in the air. You're flying. The view from above is amazing, it doesn't rain at 30,000 feet. You have no idea what is going on below you, that's none of your concern. Reality for you is nothing but sky as far as the eye can see. You can't get any closer to Heaven.

     Times Square is one of my favorite places to be. The big city and bright lights make me happy. It's just something magical about that place.



     New York really isn't as expensive as it's made out to be. Food trucks and vendors are at every corner. While they aren't the healthiest choice, they'll provide you with a filling meal for a low price. You can have fun without spending much, as long as you have friends with you, a good time is sure to follow.



Crop Top: Boohoo
Shorts: DIY
Socks & bodychain: eBay
Shoes: Forever21
     I think after I graduate in December, I will apply to some jobs in New York, because it seems like a great place to be while I'm young. I people watching was on Wall Street for a bit and saw all the gentlemen with briefcases powerwalking in their suits, and I was just fascinated by the vibe. I'd love to work in a fast paced environment like that.
Sandals: Burlington
Jeans: DIY
Tank: Forever21


Thanks for showing me such a good time, New York.
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment