Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ghosts of Zulus Past

Everyone knows New Orleans for Mardi Gras. What most don't know is that it's not just one day, but an entire season of fun, parades and balls. My absolute favorite of them all is ZULU BALL. It's best described as an adult prom. You get all dressed up, everyone has assigned tables, there's live celebrity performances, and just an all around good time.

Let's take a look at some of my previous Zulu looks as I try to figure out what look I want to go for Zulu 2017.

This year I went with an old Hollywood vibe. Red dress, Side swept hair and a bold lip. Can't forget my fur collar - I always have to do a little extra.

Business in the front, party in the back!



The year before that - 2015, things were a little more interesting. As the dress I originally ordered did not come in time and I had to get one last minute. I was furious!

 I was rushed out the door, so my curls were still wet and I wasn't satisfied on my makeup, but I got so many compliments on my whole look so I really thought it was funny. I had such a great tme that night though it didn't even matter.




I have an idea of the style of dress I want for next year, but I haven't seen it in person yet. Any recommendations of some good dress shops or sites?




No comments:

Post a Comment